Friday, June 30, 2006

Dear You,

I am speechless as to how many people are feeling me. I did not in the least expect so many youth living in the Diaspora to feel like I do. When I was in London I felt so alone with my feelings, and now I feel like I am creating this connection with so many Tamil youth worldwide who have the same problems, questions and journeys to travel...

As for all the comments, I would like to make a few responses to them.
Firstly, I want you all to know that I am on a journey. I am not a believer in the LTTE. I have come here to explore, and although I have seen a lot that has opened my eyes, and has made me think, I am not one to immediately accept anything. Please do not get me wrong. I respect the views of all, but I have questions, and until I find the answers to them all, I am not willing to label myself in any way...

One thing I can say with full conviction however is that the world has no idea what is going on here in Vanni.. I feel I have so much to learn and am completely amazed at how so much can be hidden from the world.

I am due for an updated journal entry that I am willing to share with you. I promise to put it up within a few days. I will put up photos as well for you to see. I understand the yearning for photos... one of the most divine things of this place is its beauty. It is postcard perfect and yet it is no tourist spot. Almost like 'The Beach' movie where it is a tropical secret waiting to be discovered, only there is a grim side of the looming war that makes it that much more intense and yet exciting...

Anyway, till my next blog, please stay in touch, I do love to keep contact with you so that I feel I am travelling this journey not alone...

With that, I shall say good bye for now

Shivi

3 Comments:

At 5:46 am, Blogger Haran said...

It is sad and frustrating that even the people who went thru all these keeping their mouth shut, we are the victim here, yet we hesitate to scream out loud and tell the world what's really going on there... I have told so many things that I have experienced to my friends... but they all refusing to believe me... they can't even accept me saying that super sonic bombs there... they saying, Only countries like America and Israle got them. I believe when you go back to UK, you will do something for our people... we can do so much things from overseas... we have freedom for our speech, freedom for our opinion, but still lots of our people scared to tell the world what is going on there... we have to make awarness to the Tamil Kids first... and tell our parents to tell their kids what they have gone thru... and experienced...

Sorry... I just can't stop typing when I start talking abt these things... anyway... keep posting and take care...

G

 
At 12:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shivi,

Can you please talk to the people there and publish some of their opinions about the Tamil Diaspora?
I have always wanted to know what they thought about us.

Priya S.

 
At 12:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Shivi,

You are a hit blogger among the Tamil youth who are not aware of the ground situation in the De Facto State of Tamil Eelam. Please post more info with lots of pictures. After reading your blog, I feel like I want to go back home.

ta ta
Daneesha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home